Saturday, August 11, 2018

Been a long two weeks.  After DS3 got sick, DS2 got sick again and then of course, I got sick.  I got the brunt of it of course, strep, scarlet fever and hand/foot/mouth disease.  My hands and feet are still covered in blisters, but not as bad as it was.  I am back to work today, so that is a good thing.  My coworkers are still giving me the evil eye about my hands.  This kind of gave me a wake up call to get my rear in gear some more to get on my health kick.  I've been pretty good since this started, since I couldn't drink/eat anything but broth for a few days. 

A few things happened while sick, first off the EX did some damage again to his relationship with DS3.  DS3 went there after work one day to work on his vehicle and was going to spend the night, but when he got there, his whole room had been moved.  The room he has had since birth.  He totally understood his room was bigger than his brother's and he is hardly there (I am working on getting him over there more, but I don't know what more I can do), but he wasn't asked.  A simple courtesy goes a long way.  He has a few things that are precious to him including some Lego sets that were broken in half and other things broken off of them; things crammed into the closet like art work he has done over the years, just little things that meant a lot to him.  He was crying he was so upset.  Maybe he is over-reacting, but he feels like this isn't his home anymore, that he isn't welcome there.  He explained this once before to his father when his room was used as storage and he couldn't get into it.  Both of these have happened in a 2-month period.  No wonder he doesn't want to stay there.  His dad texted him and said he owed him one.  This is after his brother sent threatening texts stating he was going to dismantle his vehicle so that he could never get it running again. 

This prompted me to unblock the EX and call.  He still thinks I am encouraging DS3 to not stay at the house and to not feel welcome there.  This is none of my doing but the EX's doing and he needs to own up and put his big boy panties on.  He thinks I am trying to go after DS3's social security money, which legally I can do but it isn't worth the next 9 months of hell I'd hear from him about it.  I did tell him about DS3 going to counseling and he didn't sound surprised.  I had told DS2's GF knowing it would get back to the EX.  I wanted him to realize I was trying to help DS3 but of course he takes it a totally different way.  We did end up talking nicely but of course, I always feel the need to answer his questions when I should be telling him it is none of his business.  He asked if I was still on my depression meds and seeing my therapist.  I told him I see my therapist when I can afford it and no, not on my meds.  I have debated about going back on them, but to be honest, my problem was him.  He isn't in my life for the most part creating the reason I needed to be on them to begin with.  It ended with us agreeing to play nice, whatever that means.

DS3 just got his vehicle back today, another $190.  It should be good to go for awhile.  He has band camp this next week, so perfect timing.  It cost another $150 in medical bills this past week, not to mention the few extras of Vernors, Popsicles, take out here and there.  I am still planning on our little vacation, which has turned into 5 days now.  DS3 knows it is going to be lots of hot dogs and PBJ's!

No comments:

Post a Comment