Friday, October 5, 2018

Once again, a post I had done a couple of weeks ago:

I had to cancel my chiro appt and reschedule for Monday.  I am quite saddened by health care these days.  It was nothing but a sales pitch.  I walked in, got adjusted, and instead of sitting one-on-one with the dr, there was group of about 8 or 10 of us.  He went over what compressions, rotations, bulges, etc were and how physical, emotional and chemical stresses the spine.  Then he took us one by one into a room and went over x-rays and sell his package of what we needed.  He wanted me to complete 1 year of treatment going 3x a week!  My insurance only covers 10 visits per year with his pricing, so I would have to pay something like $180 a month after insurance, so at least 10 months of it.  No can do.  So then he suggested twice a week, which the rest of this year would be covered (which doesn't make sense), then the first 10 visits of 2019, then $125 a month!  No freaking way.  My old chiro charged $25 or $30 a visit and this one charges $79.  He has quite the racket going.

He tried telling me that if he comes up with a plan and I don't stick to it, the insurance can go back and take back what they have paid him because if I didn't stick with the plan, then I must not have needed it; and then they can go and audit all of his accts with that insurance company and do the same.

I have been doing good with the diet and exercise, down to 262.  I did splurge a little today more due to timing than anything (had to get takeout as I haven't grocery shopped).  If I got to 250 by the 29th, I will be very happy.

I figured out how to get sleep too.  I had to kick Kali out of the bedroom.  I feel horrible, but Sassy keeps wanting to play with her and Kali when on my bed, wants nothing to do with her and growls and won't share the toys that Sassy brings to her.  It was leaving me with literally no sleep and one cranky momma.  I feel guilty putting Sassy in her crate while I'm sleeping as she is in there while DS3 is sleeping and she cannot be left unsupervised like Kali can be.  Sassy does wake me to go out and wakes me when Kali has to go too.  Kali comes to the door and whines and Sassy then proceeds to wake me, lol.

I had DS3 go see his dad yesterday.  The EX's father passed away a week and a half ago.  I did send my regrets, but he didn't acknowledge them.  That's fine.  But the day he starts telling everyone how cold I am and didn't acknowledge it, I have the text msg to prove it along with him reading the msg.  As you can tell, this wouldn't be a first for me.  But back on track, I thought DS3 should go and see him.  DS3 said "dad hasn't called me" and I told him to get over it and to either call or even stop it, that his grandfather died and he should show compassion to his father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment