Friday, July 27, 2018

I have started this post a few times now and things just keep changing before I can post!  DS3's vehicle was up and running, but broke down on his first day out with it.  Appears to be the fuel pump or the wiring for it.  I also was able to get the front end alignment for the Mighty B and it now drives like a champ.  I will need shocks and tires in the near future though.

I did buy a few things for our camping trip, a tent, 2 chairs, and a cooler.  I was able to get a deal at Kmart, a $120 tent on sale for $65 and received $60 in credits, which are redeemable in $20 increments every 2 weeks.  Once I ordered the tent and picked it up, I received my first $20 credit and bought the cooler, which was on clearance.  The chairs were $2 cheaper online than in the store too.  BUT, it looks like my debit card was hacked through Kmart.  It was very odd.  My son used my debit card at 6:48 pm on Monday, and the 2 fraud purchases were at 6:12 and 6:24 pm.  My son had put his wallet on top of the vehicle after pumping and left it there, and it disappeared of course.  When he couldn't locate it 2 hours later, I called the bank and let them know the card was lost.  I had no idea about the fraud at that time as they didn't post online until after 4 am.  I just happened to check my account about 5 am and saw the charges, so I called the bank again.  They were small charges thank goodness, but going to be a pain to have to change all my direct debits again.

I plan on using the rest of the $40 credit at Kmart as in-store purchases for our trip.  There are just miscellaneous things left to get such as a cooking rack for over the fire, a hatchet, a shovel (no bathrooms, lol), and a pan.  I'm not going to get sleeping bags, figuring we can get a bunch of blankets and live with it. 

This post is from 7/24....

No comments:

Post a Comment