Monday, July 16, 2018

So I had DS2 look at the Mighty B yesterday.  DS3 tried so hard to fix it for me, but he did not do the CV shaft correctly.  DS2 fixed everything that was wrong, but had no clue as to why the humming was still there and the loose steering.  I took it into our local repair shop after working my 12 hour shift, waited for a couple of hours to find out the other wheel bearing needed to be replaced and my idler arm as well, then a front end alignment.  I was so happy it was nothing major!  DS2 and DS3 today (actually on Sunday as I'm a midnighter) replaced the wheel bearing and the humming is gone!  DS2 said the idler arm is not in horrible shape and that I could go quite a bit before it needs to be replaced.  I just need to do the front end alignment!  I am ecstatic!  Cost of the wheel bearing was $105. 

On another front, DS3 now has a vehicle!  He found one for $1000 that was marked down to $800 by the time he and his father went back, and he talked them down to $700.  His father wanted me to pay half, which I didn't have due to the vehicle issues and DS3 had just gotten paid, so he paid $300 and I paid $100.   His dad had said originally the price was $800, hence why we paid $400.  Then for some unknown reason, the EX made DS2 chip in $150 and told DS3 he needed to pay DS2 back???  I have yet to figure out why.  The only thing I can think of is because DS3 just got his GF a van (one of the reasons he didn't have time to work on my vehicle) and it is insured through the EX.  Maybe DS2 owes him money?  DS2 apparently made a statement of why was he putting money in when EX had a ton of money stashed.  Oh really?  DS3 said EX told him to shut up.  I think he is preparing for the divorce.  Nothing makes sense with him.

Back to DS3.  He just needs to get something fixed with the brakes, which EX said he would pay for and then I'm going to get it registered on Friday when I get paid.  No more sharing a vehicle!  I won't have be worried about getting forced over at work in the morning when DS3 needs to leave for work or school.  What a relief. 

EX found out the disability money he gets for DS3 is doubling, so he told him he would give it to him.  Whether that means the full amount, I highly doubt it, but he can use that to pay for his insurance and gas money.  I could be a real nasty person and report to Social Security that DS3 does not live with his father, but with me and sees him maybe once-twice a month and they will in turn turn over ALL of DS3 social security money to me, but the EX would make my life as miserable as he could.  If there is anything that I have learned, money isn't everything.  I need my sanity. 

I picked up another 2 hours of OT, so a total of 4 hours of OT today, 16-hour day.  I keep telling myself every little bit helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment